1. There is a need for more church plants in the USA:
- There are now 195 million non-churched people in America, making America one of the 4 largest “unchurched” countries in the world. Only China, India, and Indonesia have larger non-churched populations.
- No county in America has a greater church population than it did ten years ago.
- Each year 3,500 to 4,000 churches in America close their doors forever, yet only 1,100 to 1,500 new churches are started.
- There are more than 1,200 communities in the Western states with no independent Baptist church within a 30 mile radius.
2. There is a need for more fundamental churches in Sacramento:
- Sacramento is 965 square miles.
- There is an average of 1500 people per square mile.
- There are approximately 1,500,000 people within this area.
- Though there are a number of fundamental, gospel preaching churches there are many areas within this county that are still untouched.
- This area is ripe for church planting. People are still moving to this area and those who live here are desiring to settle in and stay.
- There is a high percentage of young families within this community.